Grow your business by supporting charities and social causes – interview with Alisoun Mackenzie
Yesterday I had the privilege of interviewing the Compassionate Business Mentor, Alisoun Mackenzie, and chatting about her new book. Alisoun and I met in Edinburgh last year at a client’s book launch. I knew then that we had some great collaborations ahead and this is the first.
Alisoun Mackenzie wrote her second book, Give to Profit, after realising something was missing in her business. Then a chance trip to Rwanda accidentally changed her life – and her business. This helped her to support charitable causes, build her business doing more of what she loves, and make a bigger difference in the world.
She later realised that many solopreneurs would love to give to charity and support social causes alongside running their business, but many don’t know where to start or what to consider, and how to integrate charitable giving into their business – hence this book.
Click below to watch the interview.
In our interview we talked about:
- Why Alisoun was inspired to raise money for causes and how she now helps others to do the same.
- The benefits of supporting causes for you, your clients, your cause, and your business.
- Her Give-to-Profit business model showing how you can integrate personal giving and business activities.
- The 7 steps to finding the right cause to support and then making it happen.
- Some simple ways in which you can support causes and real life examples of how it works in practice.